Famous for its distinct flavour and aroma, the lime fruit has seemingly endless applications for cooking, cleaning, personal care, and more. Much like the fruit, there are also many uses for Lime essential oil. Whether you want to add some zest to your smoothie or fill the room with an energising aroma, once you use Lime oil, it will soon become a major staple in your daily essential oil use.
Why to use LIME essential oil?
1. Known for its purifying properties, Lime essential oil is often used as an internal cleanser.* Lime oil may also support healthy immune function.* When you want to reap these internal benefits, consider adding a drop or two of Lime oil to your water glass or water bottle to enhance the flavor and provide antioxidant support.* If you want a flavorful drink that isn’t soda or full of sugar, you can also place a drop of Lemon and a drop of Lime oil in your water for a refreshing, sweet flavor.
2. Looking for a flavorful side dish to take to your next party? You can always add a drop of Lime essential oil to homemade salsa to give it an extra punch of flavor.
3. Not only does Lime essential oil taste sweet, it also has a tart, citrus scent as well. This aroma is perfect for when you want to brighten a room or make your home feel clean or fresh. To utilize the smell of Lime oil around your house, try our Spring Fling Room Spray DIY. Simply combine Lemon, Grapefruit, and Lime oil with distilled water into a glass spray bottle and spray the concoction around your home or any area that could use a more cheerful scent.
4. If you are a fan of fruity or sweet drinks, Lime oil is your new best friend. Lime essential oil will add a tart, naturally sweet flavor to your favorite smoothies, or drinks. For cooling relief on a hot summer’s day, try our Non-Alcoholic Cranberry & Lime Spritzer, which uses four simple ingredients to create a one-of-a-kind taste. For another simple Lime beverage, mix up a batch of this Raspberry Limeade. This delicious summer favorite gives you all the flavor without all of the processed sugars and preservatives that are added to store-bought lemonades.
5. While the cleansing properties of Lime essential oil can be helpful for internal cleansing* or cleaning the house, you can also use Lime oil to help purify the skin and hair. Consider adding one or two drops of Lime essential oil to your face wash or shampoo to yield the benefits of added cleansing properties. To use Lime oil for hair, just combine with a few drops of Melaleuca and give yourself a scalp massage in the shower.
6. Possibly one of the most common uses for the lime fruit is to add a tart, sweet flavor to dishes like chicken. This is also true for Lime essential oil—it can dress up any boring dinner when you are looking to add a little flavor.
Let's summarise how to use Lime essential oil:
Check this recipe RAW LIME CHEESECAKE