DESIGN & DEVELOP A FASHION COLLECTION
Courses are held in the Designer's Studio on the Gold Coast, Australia
The 3 week amazing design course!
Prerequisites: completion of a Fashion Illustration drawing course
Duration: 3 weeks
Dates: book any time
Students: 1-3 in class
Learn to design various Fashion Collections in this course.
Learn everything about the design development and presentation of a Fashion range based on an occasion, theme or storyline.
You will be able to create a mood board, trend board and storyboard; and design a fashion collection which includes sketches, fashion illustrations and production drawings.
The course will teach you how to select colours and fabrics, prepare worksheets with manufacturing specifications and pattern pieces.
1. Researching current fashion trends
2. An overview about how Fashion Designers create collections
3. Example of a Presentation of a Fashion collection development
4. Finding inspiration for your collection
5. Creating a mood board
6. Creating a trend board
7. Creating a storyboard
8. Work with a design brief
9. Colour selection
10. Research. Collect – images, colour samples, words that relate to your inspiration and trend
11. Sketching designs or your collection
12. Design proposals
13. Choosing the final designs
14. Creating a Portfolio. Portfolio presentation techniques
15. Visual Design development
16. Finding design strength in your collection
17. Drawing fashion illustrations–front and back
18. Rendering/colouring your designs
19. Working with given budget
20. Selecting /researching fabrics – fabric swatches
21. Selecting colours - colour swatches
22. Presentation of pattern pieces and manufacturing specifications
23. Description of designs
24. Production drawings
25. Pattern pieces
26. Order of construction
27. Seams and stitches selection
28. Equipment you need for production
29. Manufacturing process
31. Design and order swing tags, care instructions and labels
What to bring
2–3 fashion magazines, fabric scraps, A3 sketch book, coloured pencils
2 x A3 sheets to create a storyboard and a mood board (any colour)
Collection By Renee Saliba
For Your Inspiration- CHANEL COLLECTION
Collection by Melissa Matkovic
''Glamorous Instincts", April 2012
What inspired me in designing this collection was Mother Nature and it’s flawless natural tones, golds, flora and animal instinct. Though it may seem that each of these prints may overpower one another, I took it back to their one connection, Mother Nature. To this I added a touch of glamour creating the perfect collection for any getaway…..GLAMOUR INSTINCTS..
Melissa Matkovic designed a stunning Glamorous instincts collection in Create & develop a Fashion collection workshop on 21 April, 2012.
She put together a beautiful inspiration board, a story board, and designed a collection of fashion garments . Melissa illustrated her designs on fashion figures with a great attention to details, shapes and proportions. Style and beauty is present in Glamorous instincts. Most importantly, Melissa expressed herself through her designs and translated fashion ideas into garments in a very creative way.